Who We Are
The Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC) is a solution and action-oriented industry-led organization that aims to address issues of access to the labor market integration for internationally trained professionals. ERIEC aims to help increase the employment capacity of immigrant professionals in the Edmonton Region and to connect employers to new Canadians and work in collaboration with immigrant service providers and other key stakeholders.
ERIEC’s mission is dedicated to ensuring immigrants become fully integrated into the Edmonton regional labor market by focusing on networking, knowledge transfer, information coordination and dissemination, and capacity building to employers, service providers, and underutilized skilled immigrants.
We are currently looking to hire a Program Assistant for our Edmonton office. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position. You will get to work on a small team with a great passion for guiding and seeing new Canadians succeed!
The Program Assistant plays a key administrative role in supporting ERIEC (Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council) staff, clients, and other stakeholders to foster the integration of professional immigrants into the labor market through employment mentoring and networking programs for skilled professionals in the City of Edmonton. You will be actively supporting immigrant clients from application up to the completion of their mentorship relationship with a mentor. Specific accountabilities include:
- Assisting in efficient program delivery.
- Maintains an effective e-file and manual file management system for ERIEC’s clients and mentors.
- Ensures that immigrant clients are supported from application to program completion.
- Ensures that program statistics are accurate and recorded monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Participates in ensuring that program targets are met.
- Handles highly confidential documents with extreme care.
- Responsible for all administrative functions to support internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains customer service satisfaction.
Who You Are
As the Program Assistant, you enjoy contributing strategically to the organizational growth through effective organization and coordination. You are also sound at making administrative decisions with good data, balancing multiple priorities, and working in a team environment. You possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- Office administration diploma, certification, or equivalent education
- 1-3 years of office administration experience. Experience working in human services and non-profit is an advantage but is not required.
- Advanced computer skills. Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, Teams, Zoom, and other computer software
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to efficiently prioritize activities, multi-task whenever needed, monitor progress, and deliver administrative tasks assigned according to deadlines.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Being a great team player who contributes as much as possible, and is self-aware of the importance of a supportive team environment. Able to work cross-functionally to draw upon others knowledge and skills.
- Diversity and Inclusion - You are experienced and passionate about working with adults from diverse backgrounds. You are committed in supporting new Canadian to learn, grow and conquer challenges. Openness to intercultural learning.
- Focus on outcomes and plan/drive for results - maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability with team members and external stakeholder
What We Offer
As a valued employee at ERIEC, you will receive the following:
- Salary at $45,236
- Health benefits after three months of employment
- Three (3) weeks annual vacation – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Opportunity to meet and learn from diverse cultures - We believe in a collaborative environment, and we enjoy welcoming and supporting professional newcomers from diverse backgrounds.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter and resume at [email protected]. For questions and clarifications, please email [email protected].
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or faith.
Thank you to all those who apply, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Application deadline: 4:30 pm, May 20th, 2022.