Who We Are
The Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC) is a solution and action-oriented industry-led organization that aims to address issues of access to the labor market integration for internationally trained professionals. ERIEC aims to help increase the employment capacity of immigrant professionals in the Edmonton Region and to connect employers to new Canadians and work in collaboration with immigrant service providers and other key stakeholders.
ERIEC’s mission is dedicated to ensuring immigrants become fully integrated into the Edmonton regional labour market by focusing on networking, knowledge transfer, information coordination and dissemination, and capacity building to employers, service providers, and underutilized skilled immigrants.
We are currently looking to hire a Connector Program Coordinator for our Edmonton office. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position. You will get to work on a small team with a great passion for guiding and seeing newcomers succeed!
The Connector Program Coordinator plays a key role in supporting ERIEC volunteer connectors, clients, and other stakeholders to foster the integration of professional immigrants into the labor market through mentoring and networking programs for skilled professionals in the city of Edmonton. You will be actively supporting connectors and connectees from application to the completion of their relationship together. Specific accountabilities include:
- Provide oversight and ongoing evaluation of the Connector Program to advance the program’s goals and objectives.
- Administer the Connector Program under the leadership of the Networking Program Director.
- Serve as the liaison between the Connector Program, immigrant-serving organizations, and the business community.
- Network and build relationships that will provide opportunities to increase Connector and Connectee participation.
- Ensure that all inquiries receive prompt, inviting, professional, and informative responses.
- Meet with candidates, review their profiles, determine their educational and career goals, ensure job readiness of candidates, provide labour market information for candidates, select program participants and match them with a Connector.
- Excellent data management, ensuring accuracy, integrity, and timely entry of data.
- Track program participation, Connector relationships, and prepare monthly program evaluation reports and reports for funding partners.
- Measure and report impact, efficiencies, effectiveness and recommendations for program adjustments.
- Provide excellent customer service that meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Facilitate ERIEC’s online presence: monitor and update the ERIEC website content; post content on ERIEC social media accounts (blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook); update ERIEC online calendar
- Work independently, exercising good judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills throughout the completion of all job responsibilities.
- Willing to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Other duties as assigned by Networking Program Director.
Who You Are
As the Connector Program Coordinator, you enjoy contributing strategically to organizational growth through effective program management, connector recruitment, onboarding, and coordination. You will have keen insights and experience in client and community partner management, balancing priorities, and working in a team environment. You will possess the following:
- University degree or college diploma in Human Services would be an asset.
- Experience in coaching, mentorship, group facilitation, volunteer coordination, and social media management. Previous work in human services and non-profit is an advantage but is not required.
- Advanced computer skills. Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, Teams, Zoom, social media, and other computer software.
- Planning and Organizational skills – Ability to efficiently prioritize activities, multi-task, monitor progress, and deliver program expectations assigned to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Must be self-aware and understand the importance of a supportive team environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion - Experienced and passionate about working with adults from diverse backgrounds. You are committed to supporting newcomers to Canada to learn, grow and conquer challenges. Openness to intercultural learning.
- Focus on outcomes and plan/drive for results – Maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization
What We Offer
As a valued employee at ERIEC, you will receive the following:
- Salary at $ 51,366.00
- Health benefits after three months of employment
- Three (3) weeks annual vacation – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Opportunity to meet and learn from diverse cultures - We believe in a collaborative environment, and we enjoy welcoming and supporting professional newcomers from diverse backgrounds.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter and resume at [email protected]. For questions and clarifications, please email [email protected].
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or faith.
Thank you to all those who apply, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Deadline of application submission: August 17th, 2023