Volunteering makes a difference in the lives of others, but it also pays many career-building dividends for you.
Volunteering helps you:
- Access to training opportunities
- Demonstrate the skills you already have
- Explore career options by working in fields that interest you
- Express your values and beliefs through community service
- Get more work experience to put on your resume
- Learn new skills
- Make you feel great
- Meet people, help people, and make connections that may benefit your future career
- Opportunity to be part of the important community development work that ERIEC does; supporting the local business community and internationally trained professionals
- Opportunity to network, attend workshops and events
- Receive references upon successful completion
- Try out career ideas by working in fields that interest you
Interested in volunteering with ERIEC? You can share your experience and expertise with new immigrants in Edmonton in many ways:
We look forward to having you join us as a volunteer!
We cannot offer our Mentorship and Connector programs without our volunteer mentors. Our business champions also enjoy valuable employee leadership growth opportunities.