Who We Are
The Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC) is a solution and action-oriented industry-led organization that aims to address issues of access to the labor market integration for internationally trained professionals. ERIEC aims to help increase the employment capacity of immigrant professionals in the Edmonton Region and to connect employers to new Canadians and work in collaboration with immigrant service providers and other key stakeholders.
ERIEC’s mission is dedicated to ensuring immigrants become fully integrated into the Edmonton regional labor market by focusing on networking, knowledge transfer, information coordination and dissemination, and capacity building to employers, service providers, and underutilized skilled immigrants.
We are currently looking to hire a Mentorship Facilitator for our Edmonton office. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position. You will get to work on a small team with a great passion for guiding and seeing new Canadians succeed!
The Mentorship Facilitator plays a key role in supporting ERIEC (Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council) clients and other stakeholders to foster the integration of professional immigrants into the labor market through employment mentoring and networking programs for skilled professionals in the City of Edmonton. You will be actively supporting immigrant clients from program application to the completion of their mentorship relationship with a mentor. Specific accountabilities include:
- Assisting to meet efficient program delivery.
- Recruitment and assessment of potential client’s eligibility for the program.
- Commitment to completing program targets and expectations.
- Develop and maintain strong industry partnerships with settlement partners within the business sector and the broader community.
- Facilitation and delivery of regular information and orientation sessions to clients.
- Provide program support to mentees throughout the mentorship relationship.
- Database management of client files through the federal iCARE client management system.
- Monitor ERIEC events and workshops.
- Management of highly confidential client documents.
- Management of mentorship program surveys and data.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly report management.
- Basic updates and maintenance of the ERIEC website.
- Reports to the Mentorship Director to ensure that program targets and expectations are met.
- Collaborate closely with the Program Assistant to ensure effective and efficient program delivery.
Who You Are
As the Mentorship Facilitator, you enjoy contributing strategically to organizational growth through effective facilitation, mentee recruitment, onboarding, and coordination. You will have keen insights and experience in making mentee recruitment decisions, program promotion, balancing multiple priorities, and working in a team environment. You will possess the following:
- Formal certification, licensure or background in human resources, education, office administration, or equivalent.
- Experience in group facilitation, human resource processes and have office administration experience. Previous work in human services and non-profit is an advantage but is not required.
- Advanced computer skills. Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, Teams, Zoom, and other computer software.
- Planning and Organizational skills - Ability to efficiently prioritize activities, multi-task, monitor progress, and deliver administrative tasks assigned to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Must be self-aware and understand the importance of a supportive team environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion - Experienced and passionate about working with adults from diverse backgrounds. You are committed in supporting new Canadians to learn, grow and conquer challenges. Openness to intercultural learning.
- Focus on outcomes and plan/drive for results - maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability with team members and external stakeholder
What We Offer
As a valued employee at ERIEC, you will receive the following:
- Salary at $ 54,072.00
- Health benefits after three months of employment
- Three (3) weeks annual vacation – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees.
- Opportunity to meet and learn from diverse cultures - We believe in a collaborative environment, and we enjoy welcoming and supporting professional newcomers from diverse backgrounds.
- Career Development – Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter and resume at [email protected]. For questions and clarifications, please email [email protected].
Deadline for applications: 4:30 pm, April 5, 2023
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or faith.
Thank you to all those who apply, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.