Business leaders in the Edmonton region know we have to make use of every skilled individual in our community if we are to sustain our economic momentum.
Foreign-trained, experienced processionals now making the Edmonton region their home want to contribute their skills to our economy – but many lack the local knowledge needed for a successful job search.
The Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC) provides a unique and effective bridge between employers’ labour needs and globally trained new residents so they can work to their full potential.
Strengthening our business bottom line
While growing numbers of Canadian businesses recognize the benefits of employing resident internationally trained workers, many need help accessing the available global talent they need.
ERIEC helps by:
- focusing on knowledge transfer, information coordination and dissemination, and workplace capacity building,
- providing a useful forum for business, government and stakeholders regarding employment issues relating to a multicultural workforce, and
- helping ensure workplaces are open to meaningful employment for our skilled global workforce.
ERIEC is the only organization in Edmonton to focus on the labour needs and workforce issues of the business community and how they can be resolved with internationally trained new residents.
Hiring global talent
hireimmigrants.ca helps employers find, recruit and retain the skilled immigrant talent that can maximize your organization’s potential.
A smart business decision
Internationally trained residents working in their areas of expertise give their employers a competitive business advantage – both serving local customers and expanding markets globally as they help expand the organization’s knowledge and skills base.
Foreign-trained residents offer many advantages:
- They are generally highly educated, with post secondary education including university degrees, college diplomas and trade certificates.
- Many spouses also have post secondary education credentials.
- They offer professional experience as managers, professionals, and skilled and technical workers.
- They are highly motivated, wanting to make use of their skills and expertise, and willing to learn and adapt to achieve career success in Canada.
- These talented individuals are already part of our community, saving international recruitment and relocation costs.
To find out how to get involved with ERIEC, please contact 780–497-8866 or email@example.com.